Gaited Horsemanship With Larry Whitesell
July 6 @ 9:00 am - July 8 @ 3:00 pm
Renowned gaited horseman since 1980 and 2002 trainer of the year, Larry understands we must train our horse not only physically, but mentally and emotionally. With this training the horse will be smoother, safer and more dependable for riders. His clinics provide intense instruction to all levels of riders that instills an eagerness you will carry with you so you can further your relationship with your horse.
What you will learn:
- How to improve gait without devices
- How to develop the horse gymnastically to facilitate relaxation, create flexibility and balance
- How to school the horse in hand and under saddle
- How to build engagement to improve gait without building resistance
- How you ride affects your horse’s balance and gait
- Balanced, light stops
Friday morning we will divide in to two groups and do in hand work to start engaging the horse. Friday after lunch we will divide into three groups so Larry can work more individually with riders. Riders will ride before and after lunch in their groups working on whatever the horse and rider need. Each session we will develop aids and rider communication with the horse so we are developing a softer, safer horse as well as a degree of collection to create gait.
Each participant should bring a snaffle bit and dressage whip if you have one, however not something that is required.